What does the following urine examination result indicate?
If general urine examination revealed the results beloww:
pus cells: 6-8/HPF
Crystals: Amorphous urate (+)
epithelia : (++)
No bacteria bacilli
Please, what is the diagnosis if she have slightly lower pain in her left side and 85 yrs old.
Chemistry and biochemistry Department
College of medicine
The urine is contaminated from the external urinary/genital ways.
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully, reviewed the report and I understand your concern.
It seems like the urine analyse is contaminated with the white blood cells from the external genital organ. The epithelial cells tell us that. Also the fact that the nitrites are negative it is an indication that it is not a urinary tract infection.
So, my recommendation is that the urine analyse should be repeated and the sample should be taken correctly - clean yourself well first, and take the middle part of the urine in the sterile container.
Make sure that the urine gets examined at least 30 min after it has been taken.
Continue to drink plenty of fluids.
If you start having fever, burning sensation in urination, urgency to urinate, low abdominal pain...then please feel free to follow up with me so I can suggest an antibiotic.
Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does blood in urine indicate
- Frequent urination pain urine test done what does result mean
- Urine examination reports shows what
- Urine test and urine culture done what does results suggest
- What does my urine examination result indicates for
- Whats the importance of urine examination
- Urine examination what does the urine ph epithelial cells suggest
- What indicates a continuous urine
- What does these urine test results indicate
- Urine analysis done what does the result indicate