What does the following urine examination result indicate?

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: Dear: Dr XXXXXXX
If general urine examination revealed the results beloww:
color: yellow
appearance: cloudy
reaction: acidic
pus cells: 6-8/HPF
RBCs: 1-2/HPF
Crystals: Amorphous urate (+)
Cast: nil
epithelia : (++)
No bacteria bacilli
S.Gravity: 1.030
no protein
no sugar

Please, what is the diagnosis if she have slightly lower pain in her left side and 85 yrs old.
Thank you
Dr. RXXXXX
Chemistry and biochemistry Department
College of medicine
Baghdad-Iraq
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The urine is contaminated from the external urinary/genital ways.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully, reviewed the report and I understand your concern.

It seems like the urine analyse is contaminated with the white blood cells from the external genital organ. The epithelial cells tell us that. Also the fact that the nitrites are negative it is an indication that it is not a urinary tract infection.

So, my recommendation is that the urine analyse should be repeated and the sample should be taken correctly - clean yourself well first, and take the middle part of the urine in the sterile container.
Make sure that the urine gets examined at least 30 min after it has been taken.

Continue to drink plenty of fluids.
If you start having fever, burning sensation in urination, urgency to urinate, low abdominal pain...then please feel free to follow up with me so I can suggest an antibiotic.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana