What does the following CT scan report indicate?
Looking for other causes of dyspnea
Hello and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. As you can understand I cannot provide information directly about your daughter, but only general information like what I would do in such a situation, or with such a case.
As is your daughter's doctor's opinion, the mild scarring cannot be the cause for dyspnea (breathing difficulty) and so we should look for other more obvious causes for her dyspnea. Causes for dyspnea can be:
+Interstitial lung diseases (e.g. asbestosis, silicosis, sarcoidosis, etc.)
+Congestive heart failure
+Conditions like anxiety, panic disorder or depression that can at times appear with such symptoms
+Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
and a few others.
So with a full CT scan we can look for all such causes for dyspnea in the lungs/chest; a 2D echocardiogram would report all structural abnormalities of the heart; and once all these conditions are ruled out a psychological evaluation should be conducted.
I think you meant silent reflux, the only respiratory symptom reflux can cause is dry cough, but at times it can lead to breathing difficulties (although not significant); for your satisfaction you can speak to your doctor about looking into this cause and ruling it out as well.
I hope I have explained things in a manner best understood by you. Please feel free to write to me for any further clarifications or information, I am always here to help.
Yes it is ma'am
Hello once again.
Yes it does, I am guessing (as I have not seen elaborate test results of her lungs) that the scarring is too minimal to cause the breathlessness.
And as I listed in my previous response, the chest CT will help to rule out/confirm a few causes, if this is normal then the focus shifts to the heart, which is why a stress test, a 2D echocardiogram and an EKG will then be required.
Being a doctor, my hope and prayers are so we can find the cause and reach a diagnosis. Once a diagnosis is reached, half the battle is won. Without that, any treatment employed is blind treatment. Hoping for the best.
My prayers are with her, and she shall soon recover, I am sure
You are always welcome. I hope and pray she recovers rapidly and completely at the earliest. In the meantime, do not hesitate to write to me about anything, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ct scan report bronchogenic cancer
- What are the findings from the ct scan report
- What is a ct scan
- What does my ct scan indicate
- Hr ct scan done what does the report indicate
- Brain ct scan report
- Whats a ct scan meth
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...