What does my semen analysis result indicate?

Infertility Specialist
Question
My Semen Analysis results are as follows:
Volume:2.5ml, Liquefaction: Liquified, Agglutination:Nil, Concentration: 40.5 * 10/ml, Motility:59%, Progression:2-3, Morphology:16%, Viability: - , Total Motile Count: 59.7 * 10/ml, Round Cells: 1.2 * 10/ml, Ph:8.0
I am 33 years old, weight 84, height 178, do not smoke, do light exercise, have no diseases (except hypothyroidism where I am taking one tablet of Euthyrox 50mg every day, the last TSH result was in the normal range of 1.50miU/L).
I am married and were trying to conceive in the last 9 months. 1) Please what can you read from my semen results and will we be able to conceive with these results? 2) what are the possible causes for morphology of only 16% and the presence of round cells? 3) is there any treatment you advise to have or special food or activities?
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Your dementia analysis is excellent. You don't need any treatment.

2. Morphology above 4 percent is normal. Hence your report is normal.

3. Round cells suggest minor infection which is not great concern. It's in normal limits.

4. You don't need treatment. I suggest your wife to undergo investigation for infertility.

5. Your report is normal. Don't worry about it.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol