What does my mothers liver analysis report suggest?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi Dr.
Thanks for valuable guidance.

Just now I have got the latest report of my mother. Could you please have look and advice me.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I have gone through the attached reports. Here are my interpretations

1. active live inflammation as settled down however bilirubin is still raised. Can you please let me know what the previous bilirubin was ?
2. serum albumin is almost normal. I recommend some protein supplements in the form of chicken, fish, sprouts or protein shakes
3. her complete blood count is normal . Active tubercular infection too has settled down. please continue taking anti tubercular treatment

Please get back to me with the previous liver function and complete blood count reports. I am happy that there are signs is recovery

regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later
please LFT is in earlier attachment. one test we did on 27th July where bilirubin was 12.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back

I found the previous reports. Liver function is returning to nornal. Liver enzymes are normal as well. I recommend that one essential anti tubercular drug called rifampicin to be re started as soon as possible after consulting with your treating physician, it will ensure faster recovery from tuberculosis and also prevent recurrence

I hope I was of help, please also make sure to follow my general instructions given in my previous post. Diet is the most important thing right now for a patient with liver dysfunction

regards