What causes congestion, cold chills, fever and cough?
He has had his prevnar and pneumococcal pneumonia vaccines. They also live on a ranch. Could he have hampa virus or sidocossis? Lyme's or legionnaire's? As far as I know a bronchoscopy has not been done or fluid extracted and cultured to see if it is either bacterial or fungal. Blood work is normal. Infectious disease doctor says he/she can see nothing in the blood work. Shall we throw in whooping cough, too? Could this be a form of a granuloma?
Bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX analysis is must for him.
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Since he is having recurrent pneumonia, we should definitely rule out
1. Fungal infection
2. Tubercular infection (granulomatous infection)
3. Anaerobic infection.
So better to get done bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX (bronchoalveolar lavage)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Coughs colds chills dialysis patients
- Cold chills causes
- Massive migrain a fever of 103 and cold chills
- Fever and cold chills after taking secnidazole
- Cold chills head ache slight fever nausia
- Cold chills congestion diarrhea
- Fever, cold chills, soar throat, back pains
- What could cause cold chill and increase body weight
- Chest hurts cold chills fever
- What causes cold chills lower back pain sore throat