What does my liver function test result indicate?
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE :52
KINDLY ADVISE ITS REQUIRED TO USE ANY MEDICINE?
Abnormal liver function tests
Thanks for your query at HealthcareMagic.
I have checked your reports. You have abnormal liver enzymes and the cause seems to be viral hepatitis. Though further tests are needed to confirm. Serological tests are available to check the same.
I would advise that you take syrup liv52 1 tbsp twice a day for 1 month and recheck the tests.
Also avoid any medicines that may affect the liver like antibiotics, pain killers, etc. Almost any medicine can affect liver. Also take hygienic food and cleaner drinking water. Personal hygiene is also must and wash your hands everytime before eating. Avoid alcohol.
Take care. Let me know if I can assist you further.
shall I continue these tablets?
Atorbest can be discontinued
It is advised not to continue atorbest in the presence of liver injury. Maintain low cholesterol by eliminating high fat diet.
Regarding metformin, there is not much evidence that it can cause liver injury. Therefore it may be continued under doctor's supervision. Otherwise you can switch to insulin for better glycemic control.
Regular exercise is needed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are normal liver function test results
- Liver function test result 173
- What comprises liver function tests
- Liver function test bad result
- Liver function test results for baby
- What does my liver function test indicate
- What does the liver function test results suggest
- Liver function blood test results
- What is ggtp in liver function test
- What do results of liver function test mean