What does my lipid profile test result indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
i have a total level at 217 tris at 176 hdl 39 ldl 148 ldl 148 I work out 4-5 days a week as a bodybuilder and power lifter cardio 3 days a week my diet consist of egg white oatmeal chicken salmon lean steaks tossed salads keeping my calories 1800 or less why are levels high
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
You have high lipids because there are other risk factors for it,beside dietary and lifestyle habits. So lipid metabolism is related to genetics too and this is something that you cant change. Of course,diet and body weight are main risk factors and you definitely continue with healthy life bevause without it,these values would be much higher. These are still not criticall values,and you should just have frequent check ups at this point but if it worsen then antilipemics should be started. wish you good health. Regards

Follow-up: What does my lipid profile test result indicate? 22 hours later
I have a testosterone level of 358 should I look into a supplement for it and if so what

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
at this point there is no need for suplements. testosteron levels fluctuate even daily. this is low level but stil not criticall and this is not sign of adrenal functin disorder especialyl if you dont have any symptoms. I suggest to repeat testosteron test in 2-3 months.