What does my lab test report indicate?
My cousin is diagnosed with thyroid last week based on a thyroid test. But to continue on further treatment, doctor has asked to take a scan. I have attached the report with this mail. Kindly help us understand the severity here.
Please do a thyroid function test and anti TPO antibody
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the question and understand your concerns.
I need additional information like
1. His symptoms (like fever, weight loss, heat intolerance, palpitation etc)
2. Is he having a neck swelling?
3. Is he on any medications like steroids?
Your uploaded report has only TSH report which is on the lower side.
This can be seen in two conditions:
1. Thyroiditis (just like tonsillitis there is an inflammation of thyroid) - a condition which subside without treatment
2. Hyperthyroidism - thyroid is producing excess thyroid hormones. This needs treatment
You need to do additional tests like full thyroid function test with Free T3 and T4 and anti TPO antibodies (blood tests) and an ultrasound of neck.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have ant further questions I will be happy to help you.
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report