question-icon

What does my bone scan report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 27 Dec 2017
Question: I recently had a bone scan reference PSA (radical in '94 / radiation '04 and just received 2nd annual shot of Trelstar. On the report I received it mentioned that I was on a glucocortisteroid. Is Trelstar this drug?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello. No, it is not this drug

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.

So, you are on anti-hormone agent triptorelin known also as Trelstar. This is not a steroid and is the main treatment for carcinoma prostate.

Feel free to ask further.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal (20 hours later)
Thanks for your quick response. I did take a 2nd annual shot of Trelstar back in July (my PSA had risen back to 7.6) after falling to <0.1 after 1st 12 month dose of Trelstar. Last month I was retested and my PSA was back to <0.1 ng/ml. I don't remember being told a testosterone blood test level previously, but last month that number was <2.5 ng/dl. Would you consider both of those numbers acceptable 3 months into annual Trelstar shot?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hello, Yes, these are within limits for you

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back, dear.

Yes, both figures are within limits for your disease. Nothing to worry. Just continue with the treatment.

Thanks and regards

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist