What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi I took a blood test today. I forgot and took my thyronorm before going for the test. Will this materially alter my TSH reading?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medication Thyronorm

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your post on HealthcareMagic.

I do understand your pain and discomfort

As per your question I may say that as you had missed today's dose only so there will not be any difference at all if you missed for >15 days then TSH will increase from it's level in blood.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 9 minutes later
Sorry what I meant is I TOOK THYRONORM before giving the blood test. Would this alter my test results ?

Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thyronorm

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question,

As you have already taken Thyronorm, and gave your blood so there is no problem at all. As you are taking the medication regularly and it is a hormonal supplement. Take medications regularly and adjust the dose after the lab reports.

Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee