What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i am a 60 year male and just recieved my results form a blood test for a life insurance policy. My SGPT (ALT) level was 50. the blood report indicated this was high as the normal level was 0 - 45. all other results were in the expected range. Is this high? Is this something to be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will say control this in three months!

Detailed Answer:

As an isolated values which is just a bit over the normal range, there is nothing much to worry about. All other values that talk about the liver function are fine and you shouldn't be worried. I suggest that you stay calm and only rerun the test in 6months. If at that point we still have an abnormal values, it will be necessary to see a gastroenterologist for review.

I hope this helps. Keep me posted and feel free to follow up with me for more clarifications and information if need be.