What does my blood test report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doc
I have one friend female age 25 she was having problem of piles sometimes and from few days back she has pain in abdominal we have blood test report is as follow
I am just indicating the higher or loweer ranges
Chloride 108.8
BUN 59
BUN/Sr.Creatinine Ratio 115.69
Thyroxine (T4) 12.1
Apolipoprotein-A1(APO-A1) 117
25 OH Vitamin D 19.33
Total Iron Binding Capacity 56
SGPT 125
SGOT 12.9
Haemoglobin 10.2
MCV 67.5
MCH 18.1
MCHC 36.8
RDW*CV 19.4

Please confirm the possible reason for it
She is not having any fever or diarrhoea or any other symptons of swelling XXXXXXX
0000
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will answer it one by one.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the reports and will answer it one by one.

Among all,

Iron and HB is low which indicates mild iron deficiency anaemia which could be due to piles.

Vitamin D is low which could be due to lack of proper sun exposure, commonly seen in young ladies.she can take vitamin D sachets 50000 IU once weekly for 2 to 3 months to replenish the store.

BUN is high which could be due to high protein intake unless there is any kidney or liver problems.

BUN/creatinine ration is higher which is generally seen in dehydration could be due to insufficient water intake.So,no need to much worry about that.

Other reports are not having clinical significance although some of them are marginally raised.

For piles and abdominal pain,she would require complete medical history and thoroughly clinical examination by general surgeon in order to diagnose.

She may require abdominal ultrasound (for abdominal pain) apart from all this investigations as it will be very difficult to diagnose only on the basis of blood reports without actual examination.

She can take antibiotics (ofloxacin with ornidazole),antiinflammatory,antispasmodic with antacids.

For piles,in addition to above treatment, she might need anovate ointment (to be applied at anal region),hot sitz bath,avoiding oily and spicy foods,reducing fatty foods and carbohydrates.

Your nearby GP or surgeon will know about the relevant tests for piles and abdominal pain and can prescribe you the above treatment.

Any query then feel free to ask me.
Dr.sandipkabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Sandip Kabra