What causes dizziness while on Saaz?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: i'm on medication, using saaz tablet. ( have spondylitis ) for couple of days hav mild giddyness. may i know what would be reason for diggyness... how to overcome this giddyness.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to check your blood pressure and haemoglobin levels.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

Giddiness can occur due to many reasons including,

1. High blood pressure.
2. Low blood pressure.
3. Low haemoglobin levels in blood.
4. Inner ear infection/fluid collection.
5. Brain stem compression.
6. Cerebellar strokes/other compressing lesions.
7. Low or high electrolytes levels (Sodium or potassium levels).
8. Compression of vestibulocochlear nerve.

So, all these things need to be carefully ruled out one by one by complete clinical examination, careful history taking and appropriate investigations like MRI scan of the ear and brain.

Please consult a neurologist and get examined completely and proceed further as suggested by the neurologist.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to write back to me if you have any doubts.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Yogesh D 42 minutes later
i was consulting ENT specialist, will this not help?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
If things improve with ENT doctor's advice, then you can relax.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again Mr XXXXXXX

If things improve with the treatment prescribed by ENT doctor, then you can relax, you don't have to do anything more.

If it gets worse then you will need complete evaluation as I explained in the first answer.

Best regards.