What does my biopsy report indicate?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Question: My daughter is having a cone biopsy next week. What can we expect from this procedure?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Core biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Core needle biopsy is the procedure to remove a small amount of suspicious tissue with a larger “core” (meaning “hollow”) needle. It is usually performed while the patient is under local anesthesia

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 44 minutes later
Is it possible this could "resolve" the problem? Can they remove all the suspicious tissue or is this just further testing?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Core biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

The core biopsy it’s just a diagnostic exam. They will take a sample of tissue, whole tissue will not be removed.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng