What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi my husband blacked out a week back and doc said that it was seizure and asked us to do MRI. i have the cd but the appointment is on 29th. i want to know before whats coming through us. i mean before my husband gets to know about it. i want to be mentally prepared.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the MRI CD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

Sure,I would like to help you out regarding that.Please upload the MRI CD as a rar archived file on google drive and share the google drive link here,in the follow-up query.I shall view the MRI on my default dicom viewer and share the impression with you.

Waiting for your follow-up query.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
HI,

Thanks below is the link of the google drive :-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HfFHtYZT7LR3RNdlNwV0xwdUk/view?usp=sharing

regards
piya
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Zipped file is not extracting.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Zipped file is not extracting.Please check it.Probably,you have made an error archiving.I tried in every possible way.Some problem with the file.Please re-upload.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 21 minutes later
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HfFHtYZT7LdjZFaFlLdjVhMEU/view?usp=sharing

I have tried it again, thanks pia
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI is essentially normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up and re-uploading MRI.

I have gone through all sections of MRI.It shows some punctate white matter hyperintensities,which should not be the cause of seizure.It's essentially normal,if there are no other symptoms except seizure.
What does the Radiologist's report say?

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 12 minutes later
I have not yet received the report, i have requested for a copy of it. what does that white punctate mean?

regards
Piya
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Here follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Punctate white matter hyperintensities are seen usually in old age or hypertensive patients.These can be seen in normal individuals as well.These are not the cause of seizures.
If there are no other symptoms except seizures,this MRI should be taken as normal.

Hope that I have answered your query.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.
Please let me know what the radiologist's report says,once it arrives.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 days later
He is having fever from last 4 days! I am nit sure whether its because of seizure or weather.
Brief Answer:
Fever is not because of seizure.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Its a pleasure to have you in follow-up.

No,fever is not because of seizure.For practical purposes,seizure don't cause fever.It must be some infectious process-like viral infection.Please get it evaluated if it does not limits itself within 5-6 days.A hemogram,urine routine examination and malaria antigen should be the initial investigations to do if it does not resolve in 2-3 days more.

Please follow-up if you have any further queries.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist