What does itching on the palm at night suggest?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I have itching in palm, it increases by night. LFT shows high value in alkaline phosphatase 179 and lymphosites 53. I had udiliv mintair fx limarin and zincovit for 2 weeks. It was normal and not much itching during those days. Again it came back after the course. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Sagar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can start the course again.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM
I appreciate your concerns.
Your LFT level is not much alarming.all the parameters except ALP.Raised ALP is due to obstruction in hepatic outflow.
This might be the cause of the itching.
Itching may be due to other causes also like A skin disease,allergy,psychological etc.
As it was previously responded with udiliv you can star it again consulting your doctor.
Also look in the hand for any burrows, pits
etc.
Any similar condition in family.
You can have an ultrasound of abdomen by consulting your doctor to check liver morphology.
Hope this is helpful.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sagar 1 hour later
I don't see any marks as mentioned. Itching is bit irregular it sometimes it ll be there in palm then legs then upper or lower part of leg like that. Yesterday I felt a kind of burning sensation as well on my leg fingers along with itching. Is there any side effect if I continue those medicines. How can I bring alkaline phosphatase and lymphocytes to normal level?
Answered by Dr. Sagar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry about the counts.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
If you take those medications for long duration then there will be side effects.
You can take tablet cetrizine 10 every night for itching..
Dont worry about the counts ..
As those are not serious..
They will come to normal level eventually.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sagar 2 days later
Dr

I am facing this issue for the past 2.5 months. Its increases day by day. Then how ll it go down by itself?
Getting some relief when I take these medicines that's all. I bought the same set of medicines for one more week as you suggested first. Is there any food items which can help?

Thanks for your time
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sagar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take more fruits.

Detailed Answer:
As the problem may be associated with your liver,you need to take high protein and carbohydrate and low fat diet..add fruits in your diet.This diet decreases the load to liver,Decrease bile production and thus may decrease your symptoms.
avoid the foods which starts any allergic reaction in you.
Please do a repeat LFT and an ULTRASOUND whole abdomen within a week after consulting your doctor.
Repeat LFT will help us to check if there is any wrong reporting in the previous one.
ULTRASOUND will deliniate any pathological changes in the liver.
Hope this will help you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Sagar