What does elevated ALT levels suggest?
ALT levels nonspecific
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You are concerned about elevated ALT levels of 58. This is a small elevation and can be caused by numerous things. The most common cause is high cholesterol or obesity. Some medications can also elevate ALT including Tylenol.
The low Hemoglobin and hematocrit are a separate issue and needs to be addressed with additional iron in your diet or iron supplements.
A low Vitamin D level also does not cause elevated ALT. Actually a high vitamin D levels may cause elevated ALT. I recommend taking extra Vitamin D and calcium to help build strong bones
I hope I answered your question. Please contact me again with your health care questions and concerns
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated ast and alt levels
- Slightly elevated alt levels
- Any suggestion for elevated alt liver enzymes levels
- Suggest treatment for elevated ast and alt levels
- What causes elevated alt level after detoxing
- Elevated alt and ggt levels
- Zoloft elevate alt levels
- Elevated levels alt
- Elevated alt levels and prozac
- Twinrix and elevated alt levels