What causes muscle pain while on Statins?
getting Shiatsu massages 3 times a week, and I could feel
pain when I was massaged and these helped it felt better until the next time sometimes a few days later. Now when I go for a massage its sort of strange its like my muscles are numb and I dont feel much pain but it does help. I can feel that there are like knots in different places on my back and they come and go? I am right now taking magnesium that is supposed to help but its to soon, I have been taking it only a few days with no noticeable improvement. I still am suffering sometimes no muscle aches for days and then days that it goes on day after day. I just suffer with it.
Its not debilitating but very annoying. ??? PLEASE HELP
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you i understand your concern and i would like to tell you that you have been taking statins from such a long time and muscle aches or myalgias are know side effect of these drugs.
I would like to know how bad your cholesterol levels were?
If you have lately done your lipid profile test then i would like to see the reports of it and if not kindly get it done in empty stomach.
Kindly upload the reports for proper opinion.
Dr Bhanu Partap
As you can see in the test of 10/22/2015 that is when I went off the statins
for a month and so the test shows a 100% increase.
Also all of these blood tests are done very correctly on empty stomachs for more then 12 hours and very good doctors and lab at cedars sinai hospital in Los Angeles California.
Remember I have been taking these statins for 30 years.
I notice after a hard massage it feels better but seems to always come back?
Always it seems to come back in the same places or very near. Only in my shoulders and back near shoulder blades and running down my back on the left and right sides.
I await your response
Your help is greatly appreciated, best Regards, XXXXXXX Hershman
Thanks for such a presized feedback.
Yes your cholesterol level went high but it was not that bad. Anyways I would like to know which statin you are taking and in what dose and what drug you used to take before.
Also I would like to know about your physical activity levels and what type of food you are taking everyday.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for headachesnosebleeds and muscle pain
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- What causes muscle pain in upper arm while stretching
- What causes joint and muscle pain in body
- What causes chest muscle pain
- What causes muscle pain in neck and chest
- Statins and muscle pain
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes muscle pain and weakness
- What is causing right upper muscle pain
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?