What causes swollen lips and itchy bumps on the upper arms?
Allergic reaction .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* This seems in relation with allergic reaction to certain bug bite or else during
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .
1. Is there any fever or pain over bumps .
2. Size , number of bumps .
3. Any systemic illness as diabetes or else .
Till you revert back with details , ice application would give primary relief .
I have not been diagnosed with any systemic illness. Only problem is I am aware of is high blood pressure and high cholesterol, both normally controlled with my two meds.
No fever or pain over the bumps. Bumps are about the size of a straight Pin head
And are the same color as my skin.
Just checking to see if you are still there and if you received my follow-up information with additional details. Please reply.
Follow up .
Thanks for the details .
* This is allergic reaction for sure , not concerned with any current BP medicines
* Guidelines for better recovery
- Consume plenty of liquids to maintain hydration .
- Tab. benadryl morning and evening after snacks or meals .
- Tub bath with epsom slat and lavender oil added in lukewarm water helps
- Wear loose , clean , cotton clothes .
- Continue ice application over more itching places 3 times a day .
- Follow up after 24 hours advisable for the progress or early in case of any
further need .
Wishing you fine recovery .
Regards dear take care .
Through the course of the day, my rash has spread over my arms, torso, buttocks, and both legs. Only my feet, hands, face, and neck are without rash. I have taken one Claritin loratadine tablet 10 mg and have used a 1% hydrocortisone cream for anti-itch. Rash does not seem any better after 15 hours. What should my next step be? Temp is 96.6 and blood pressure is 139 over 79 and pulse is 73. Please advise.
Needs antibiotics and possibly oral steroids to recover from your doctor .
Welcome for follow up .
* That indicates load of pathogen causing allergy is more .
* Requires assistance of antibiotics and oral steroids from your family doctor
after clinical examination .
Rash is still on my body today ( 3rd day) but doesn’t look quite as red in color. How long before I should expect it to clear up?
follow up .
Welcome for follow up .
* It can be a reaction to new cosmetic product if it appeared only after its use .
* If the intensity of rashes are diminished as compared to beginning , it will
take probable period of 7 - 10 days for complete recovery .
Should continue tablet loratidine and hydrocortisone cream .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Numb swollen upper lip causes
- What causes itchy swollen lips and pain in jawsgumsearsteethchin
- What causes little itchy bump on arms
- What is the cause for swollen upper lip
- What causes swollen bumps in groin area before my period
- What causes swollen bumps on the skin of my clit
- What will cause red itchy bumps on breast stomach arms and neck
- What is the cause for itchy swollen rashes
- What causes itchy and swollen clitoris
- What causes itchy scalp bumps
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools