• question-icon

What does bone marrow examination detect?

Posted on Wed, 16 Jul 2014 in Blood Disorders
Question: Wants to know what's the mean of having 2 bone marrow. Symptoms cause and test to identify where these problem stay in human body and treatment.
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
bone marrow examination

Detailed Answer:
Bone marrow examination which is done by performing bone marrow aspiration or bone marrow biopsy gives answers to many questions. Since bone marrow is the factory for the production of blood, any insult to it can effect the blood production. Insult can be in the form of deficiency usually. vitamin deficiency or marrow infiltrative diorders like leukemias and lymphoma. Lack of production of cells from marrow can also be due to marrow aplasia or hypoplasia. Many such questions can be answered by bone marrow examination
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam

Oncologist