What does blood discharge after bowel movements indicate?

Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi , Im 45 years old man and i've been noticing blood in the toilet paper after my bowel movements. Not always but every once in a while. The first time i went to the ER and they all the normal test , includdinh blood test and they said it was probably hemorroids. Now, i didnt follow up with specialist. But now , And after a couple months with the same occurrences, like I said from time to time , I wonder if I should be concerned. It is not a lot of blood and he usually doesn't hurt when I go but still concerns me. What is your recommendation. Otherwise I am healthy and I don't have any other issues.
Answered by Dr. Rishi 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems like Hemorrhoids only, no need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
It most likely is Hemorrhoids.

The fact that you have bleeding and no pain points towards that only.
I suggest you get examined by a Surgeon who can tell you what grade it is and then the treatment can be planned.

The primary basis of treatment is to avoid constipation. If you can avoid that, then half the problem is over.
This can be done with various products like Isaphagula, Senna, Lactulose syrup or Dulcolax tablets.

If there is no constipation, there are lesser chances of bleeding.
But I suggest still get yourself examined.

Take care and do let me know if there are any more queries on this issue,
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee