What does a popping sensation in the chest bone and pain suggest?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I was unloading flagstones off a trailer and felt a pop in my chest near my breat bone. Now when I swallow it hurts in the same place. Feels really funny. Not good at all. I'm female and 51 if that helps. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest you get a pain medication for this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. I have reviewed your information fully and it is suggestive of a soft tissue strain. Most likely, you over stretched one of the supportive structures like muscle, ligaments, tendons etc. This explains why you are in pains. The added information that this hurts when you try to swallow means the structure involved in movement that is responsible for this.

For this, I will recommend that take Tylenol as recommended by your pharmacist for pain control. This would help suppress the pain while healing sets in.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ivo Ditah