What does a nodule inside glans penis indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have a small painless nodule inside my glans penis. I only noticed it when erect because it does cause the skin to crater where the nodule is. I can't even notice it when flaccid unless I pull the glans skin tight and see a small white nodule below the skin. No change in skin color or loss of surface skin. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be a fibroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Can you please post a good quality photograph attached to this query.
This is a very rare condition.

If there is a crater on erection, this may be a fibrous nodule as it may be attached to within the substance of the glans.

This may be a small fibroma.
You can get this confirmed by ultrasonography, clinical palpation by the Urologist and FNAC- fine needle aspiration cytology.

My queries:
Is it there since long? Is it asymptomatic - no symptoms ?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 44 hours later
It doesn't have any symptoms other than the crater it creates on erection. I noticed it about 3 weeks ago. Could it be scar tissue from vigorous sex or dry masterbation?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult Urologist as this is very rare.

Detailed Answer:

It can be a scar tissue, but to say so it is the rarest of the thing to occur.
Just wait and watch. It may resolve on its own. Of course it is wise to consult an Urologist once as this is very rare.

Just saw the photo. I think nothing to worry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Do you have any concern it could be cancer?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Certainly not

Detailed Answer:

No. Certainly it is not a cancer.
At least not seen in 29 years of practice and not documented as of I know.

Other than the depression , rest of the glans appears normal. If this would have been a cancer, inguinal lymph nodes would have been palpable by this time.