Is it normal for the lymph nodes to change in size from day-to-day?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Cancer
Question: Is it normal for lymph nodes to change size from day-to-day? Yesterday, the doctor told me that my ultrasound showed that the lymph node was benign, and he also cited the fact that it was smaller as another positive sign. However, after walking out into the cold today, the lymph node feels bigger again. It swells from a bit smaller than a pea to a bit larger than a pea. Is that normal in a lymph node?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It may change size but not much

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. A lymph node usually changes size si rapidly only if it is infected or in response to any other infection. A normal node wont change its size. Infected node should be painful also.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T