What does a faint line on pregnancy test kit indicate?

Question
Needing some reassurance. 6 weeks after taking the abortion pill i have a very faint line on a pregnancy test. Checking this is still ok, and that i don't need to worry that the abortion is incomplete? Or what steps to take now if any. Working and living abroad..... unable to visit my doctor for some time....
Many Thanks
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not due to an incomplete abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The very faint line on the pregnancy test is due to the receding levels of HCG after an abortion. This faint positive test is not due to an incomplete abortion. If there is no persistent pain in the lower abdomen and the bleeding has stopped completely then there is no need to worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal