What does a black spot on palm indicate?
I have a black spot in my right palm from last 6 months.It is in the same shape and no change as such.It is not creating any pain.My hand sweats a lot and that's from my child hood.Is there any disorder in the body because of which it is happening or is it a normal tendency.
I am bit curious to know the way to fix this problem.
I smoke cigarettes as well as i am a occasional drinker.Is it because of these bad habits
The attached photograph shows all details.
Let me know your opinion.
May be normal mole
As per the photograph it appears to be normal nevus (mole) on the palm of the hand. I think you should observe it for longer time than you did.
The melanin pigment on human body can increase at any time during life and can appear concentrated at any part of the body and thus appear as moles.
I suggest you to cut down smoking and alcohol as these are irritants and can increase the multiplication of the melanocytes which hold this pigment. THey can sometimes turn bad and harm.
Keep observing and cut down the vices.
Thanks for your quick reply.Yes,i have reduced the number of smoke i used to do before and reduced a lot in drink also.
Only question which is arising in my mind is,can we get mole in the body at the adult age?This black spot in the palm is only shown from last 6 months.
Do you think i should conduct any kind of test in the body to confirm this?If yes,can you recommend me the name of the test?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?