What does a BP reading of 154/80 while on UTI treatment indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I developed a rash and some bumps on my neck below my left jaw i went to Dr gave me Mometason e Furoate 1 percent it has cleared up now i have a UTI and on Cipro. I have had jaw discomfort opening and some clicking is this just stress, i don't want to have heart problems my blood pressure yesterday was 154/80 that top number has been getting higher.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will suggest that you monitor this blood pressure reading more.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully. Given the fact that you are sick, worried and stressed, this is certainly not the nighttime to evaluate your blood pressure as these are enough to have increased readings which would not be diagnostic or indicative of high blood pressure. I will like that we control them after your illness and get a real understanding of what is going on. At that time, we can interpret the values and act on accordingly.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Also, communicate further values to me for more evaluation and action.