What do these RPR and TPHA test results indicate?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Blood Disorders
Question: TPHA METHOD HAEMOAGGLUTINATION POSITIVE 1 IN 160 DILUTION IS CURABLE ?
R.P.R METHOD AGGLUTINATION IS REATIVE IN UNDILUTED SERUM 1:1. NO CLUMPS SEEN IN FURTHER DILUTION

WHAT IS THE TREATMENT FOR ABOVE MENTIONED DISEASE AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO CURABLE & I AM MARRIED I AM TRYING FOR BABY ?
WHEN I WILL GET MY ANSWERS AND HOW I WILL RECEIVE IT ?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have syphilis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You have rpr and tpha positive test results. It suggest that you have syphilis. It is completely curable. Nothing to worry about that.

Treatment of choice is benzathine penicillin. 2-4 million unit single dose is sufficient to treat. In patients allergic to penicillin drug of choice are doxycyclin or azithromycin.

These all are prescription based medicine so consult your doctor and take treatment on written prescription only.

I have also gone through your semen analysis report. If suggest that you have low normal sperm count with low motility.

You need treatment for that also. Semen wash technique is useful. But consult your gynecologist and test your wife's reports also. Then take further decision accordingly.

Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.