• question-icon

What do the following test reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: can u tell me what these 3 things mean?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Given the explanation of the 3 conclusion points in the report.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HealthcareMagic,
I reviewed the uploaded photo of the report,

Here are my thoughts:
1) There are some changes in your vertebral discs but there is no herniated disk. So nothing to worry about, just be careful to protect your back and neck and not to lift heavy weight.

2) You have a residual sinusitis problem. You don't need to do something about it for now unless you have an acute sinusitis in the future with blocked nose, headache, and thick secretions.

3) You need to do an ultrasound of the thyroid as a follow up from this report. There is a lesion in the thyroid, but this is not a good exam to tell for sure what it is. Cysts in the thyroid are common, so it can be a cyst. But again, an ultrasound (and further exams if needed based on its result) will help you to understand more.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 6 hours later
thanks! I will schedule an ultrasound of thyroid. on another subject, I have two pinched nerves by my sciatic nerve. Lately it has been bothering me more especially when I sit. Do you have any suggestions as to what would help? thanks in advance. you have been helpful
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some practical advises.

Detailed Answer:

The main thing is to protect your back, to not lift weights and to bend your knees and not your back when you bend down.

Also, you can use an anti inflammatory and analgesic drug for about 2 weeks until it settles down. I recommend Ibuprofen 400mg 3 times/day unless you have contraindications.
Also, use a local analgesic(eg. Diclofenac) cream and massage the back gently 3-4 times/day.

You would benefit a lot from a physical therapist who can advise specific exercises to strengthen the muscles who are weak on the back so it can support the joints better.

Glad that I have helped.

Dr. Papaqako

Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 19 hours later
thanks again!! I was diagnosed with esophagitis. I had scope done a few months back and he said it was good. I do have a hiatal hernia. I switched to decaf coffee in the morning having only one cup and I get nauseated. I get full fast too and feel uncomfortable after eating. if he said it esophagitis was good, why do I feel like this? I am sorry that I am a pest, but you are very helpful
Brief Answer:
Symptoms because of hiatal hernia

Detailed Answer:

Your nausea and feeling on fullness is from the Hiatal Hernia. A part of the stomach gets stuck and passes through the diaphragm so I can hold less food- and that is why you feel full earlier and also nausea because of the constricted stomach.

Avoid foods that might cause nausea and discomfort.
Eat frequent meals but small amounts.
Raise 3-4 cm the head of the bed.

Hope this answers your question.
Thank you for the pozitiv feedback.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Klarida Papaqako