What do my semen analysis test results indicate?
this is called as Azospermia.
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your Semen analysis has revealed absence of sperms in your semen .
The absence of sperms in semen could be due to two reasons
1) Sperms are not being produced by the testicles or
2) There is obstruction in a path that transmits the sperm from testicles into urethra.
You need to consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following tests to establish the cause for Azospermia.
1) General clinical examination of testicle e,g size of the testicles ,presence of Varicocele etc .
2) Testicular Biopsy to confirm whether testicles are producing sperms or not ?
If testicular biopsy reveals presence of spermatogenesis the cause of Azospermia would be blockage in path that transmits sperms from epididymis to urethra. In such situation you will need to go ahead with radiological test called Vasovasogram to detect site of obstruction.
The final result as regards your fertility will be decided on the results of these tests.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Semen analysis done what is the result
- What indicates below semen analysis results
- Semen analysis done what doe the report indicate
- Semen analysis shows oligospermia what does it indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- Got semen analysis test report what does finding indicate
- How can the results of semen analysis test be interpreted
- What does these semen analysis indicate
- Semen analysis test done what do the results indicate
- Have had semen analysis test what does it indicate