What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My name is xxxxxx and I am 25 year old DILV (Single ventricle) I had PA banding done at the age of 3 and was not suitable for XXXXXXX and Fontan. I was not suggested any further surgeries as I am doing well. I had no health issues in the last 22 years at all.
I have regular health check ups with my cardiologist. However, I am interested to know if there could be any possible severities in my case in the future? Because I had no surgeries (except PA banding), I still have cyanosis and my SpO2 varies from 80 to 90, is this normal in my case?
Also, this is important - Can I get married and will I be able to give quality life to my partner?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The primary objective of performing PAB is to reduce excessive pulmonary blood flow and protect the pulmonary vasculature from hypertrophy and irreversible pulmonary hypertension.Pulmonary artery banding should result in improved hemodynamics and overall clinical improvement in the patient. The signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure should resolve or become medically manageable, cardiomegaly should decrease, and pulmonary vascular resistance should decrease.Mortality rates for PAB are reported in some series to be as low as 3-5%in first five years post surgery.
In your case it has been more then 22 years now and you are doing fine and as per you your 2d echo and routine investigations are all normal.So my suggestion is that don't worry too much just go for routine cardiology check ups every 6 months.
Saturation in a normal person is about 97%,however mild cyanosis and slightly low saturation will always be there in your case due to the banding procedure.So if you are asymptomatic don't worry about it and don't disturb thing by opting for any other surgery.
Yes you can marry,and can give a normal life to your partner.
If possible please send a copy of 2d echo report(latest).I would like to see it.
Thanks
Don't worrry have a happy life ahead.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 2 hours later
Thank you Doctor. Your response was very helpful especially during this time as I was going through anxiety.

I have attached my latest ECG, Stress test reports. I had a 2D echo done but was not provided with any report. In the echo lab doctors just told me that my heart is functioning well and I just need to have a routine cardiology checkups every 6 months.
Apart from ECG and TMT test, I had hemogram and uric acid test which showed the result as normal.
I was prescribed Folivite tablets and asked to continue using Listril and Ecosprine.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Brief Answer:
All are normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Have seen all the records,don't worry all tests are almost normal.
Just follow your cardiologist advice and you can live a normal life.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj