What do my blood test reports indicate?
Doctor prescribed me to take 'calcitriol sachets' along with milk once a week for 3 months.
I completed the dosage.
I was also advised to stand in Sun 20 minutes in the morning every day. I have been following that for 5 months now.
I got my blood tests done this month again to check my Vitamin D levels. It is 23.26 ng/ml.
I also observed my LDL Cholesterol is 'Borderline High' (149 mg/dl) , HDL cholesterol is 'Low' (34 mg/dl) and
Total Cholesterol is 'borderline High' (214 mg/dl).
I can share the blood reports from October 2015 and march 2016 if required.
Continue taking Vitamin D supplements, and start exercising regularly.
Hello Mr XXXXXXX
Thank you for uploading the reports and writing to us with your concern.
I have gone through the attached reports and yes your doctor was right to advice you to take vitamin D supplements.
You the latest report indicates that your vitamin D levels are improving, but need a little increasing in dosage of the vitamin D intake.
My advice to you is, continue taking Calcitriol sachets every week for another 6 months (5000 U) will suffice.
Exposure to sun is essential for production of vitamin D in our body, without that no matter how much supplement you take, after few months, the levels will go down again.
Continue sun exposure and increase the duration to 30 minutes in both evening and morning.
Rest of your tests are fine, HDL cholesterol is low and LDL and total cholesterol is slightly high.
This can be easily corrected by regular exercise, and if you exercise outdoors, both your sun exposure and exercise will happen and you will be in good shape.
Other than this, uric acid is slightly on the upper side, so you must limit meat consumption and drink plenty of water. (3-5 liters every day).
This is all that is required as of now, do not worry, follow the guidelines everything will be fine.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate