What does this blood test report indicate?

Question
Blood test recently came back with certain values marked 'high' or 'low' (below).
Some are quite different than they were at the last test about 8 months ago. I haven't heard from the Dr.

Will you comment, please, on whether anything further is indicated? I'm being general in the question as not sure what these results may mean. Thanks.

Recent:
BUN 23 high
Calcium 10.3 high
Cholesterol 254 high
LDL calculated 123.8 high
WBC 10.1 high
RBC 4.05 low
LY% 7.8 low
GR% 89.4 high
GR(absolute) 9.0 high

8 months ago
WBC 4.9
RBC 4.18
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will like that you upload the entire reports!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your test results. Appears you only reported those you consider as flagged (high/low). I will need to look at the entire picture in order to provide a personalized and helpful response. Kindly follow the directives below to send an entire report to me.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...

Follow-up: What does this blood test report indicate? 7 minutes later
Sorry, not comfortable doing that. May I ask how that helps you? Aren't the values provided, which are apparently out of normal range, the important ones?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I can go with this but you wouldn't benefit as much as with all results.

Detailed Answer:
HI and see below.

1. BUN is elevated. I would have loved to see what the creatinine value is. If this is truly normal and not on the high normal, I will attribute this more to dietary and maybe dehydration. This a lone would not suggest renal insufficiency as creatinine is a better proxy than BUN.

2. Calcium of 10.3 is certainly higher than normal but seems just a little above higher normal. This might actually settle with dehydration which explains increased concentration. However, 10.3 warrants a control and this alone isn't a redflag.

3. LDL and total cholesterol need to be treated with statins to reduce the risk of heart disease.

4. WBC of 10.1 to me isn't a problem. Upper normal is 10. However, seen that you were at 4.9 8months ago, you might have an infection. I will suggest you get evaluated thoroughly for this. This follows with the Granulocytes, and lymphocytes.

5. An EBC of 4.5 is borderline. Should you have a normal hemoglobin or hematocrit value, I will suggest that you don't get bothered by this.

I hope this guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: What does this blood test report indicate? 26 minutes later
Thank you.

Creatinine is 0.90

HGB. 12.7. HCT. 36.6

I'll see if this evening I can remove the identifying info so as to send the whole report. That may not be the case -- only a thought -- sonsebding the above 3 values you mentioned.

Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 42 hours later
Brief Answer:
THese are fine!

Detailed Answer:

If you are able to upload the results, that will be okay. However, these numbers are normal and I will not raise further worries about possible anemia and kidney failure. I will recommend a follow up control of these values in 4weeks just to make sure there is nothing we are missing out on.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: What does this blood test report indicate? 3 days later
Thank you I wanted to follow up, please, with the full lipid panel sent to you via email per your instructions

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Start treatment with statins!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the report.

1. You need to start treatment with statins. In addition, exercise often and avoid fatty meals.

2. Your HDL is too high. While this is always good news, the values are too high and I would have requested for a recheck just in case.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. As always, am available to address further concerns.