What do the lipid test results indicate?
total cholesterol - 228 mg/dL
HDl - 34 mg/dL
LDL - 158 mg/dL
Tryglyceroids - 430mg/dl
This test was taken at 8am and I had some food at 12 am an some snacks at 2 am ( I work in partial night shift to cater my work requirements). Not sure that can influence this no.
But currently, I see nos are not optimal . I want to reduce the chlosterol in natural way. Need your valuable suggestion and next steps for the same..
I am a non smoker and non alcoholic.
Snacks will not alter the results.
Having snacks or food will not alter the lipid profile. As your age is 34 you can still try to reduce it by altering the lifestyle habits.
1. Do regular exercise.
2. Reduce large meals.
3. Stop junk foods.
4. Avoid Red meat. You can consume Fish and other sea foods.
5. Have Omega 3 supplements.
6. Try having lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
7. Avoid dairy products.
Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months of your lifestyle changes. If still the levels are high then you can start on the medical treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is lipids blood test
- Serum lipids test results
- What does these blood test and lipid profile indicate
- Understanding lipid panel test results
- What are the findings from the lipid profile test
- Lipid profile test done what do the results indicate
- Have had lipid profile test what are the diagnosis
- Done lipid test suggestions based on results
- Lipids blood test results
- What is lipid profile test