What do lipase level of 82 and amylase level of 134 indicate?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What does it mean if I have a lipase leve of 82 and amylase of 134 coming out of a blood test? Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Levels are normal

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Lipase of 82 and amylase of 134 are upper limits of normal ( 82 and 140 respectively) and thus not worrisome . However if you have epigastric pain then get a thorough evaluation for gall bladder or pancreas infections. The labs you mentioned are normal and should not be a concern.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan