What do delayed periods indicate?
Thanks for the query to HCM,
If you are delayed by more than 8 days now post your missed date then you must get a pregnancy test done first to rule out pregnancy. If the pregnancy urine test is negative then you can either opt to wait for another week to allow menses to resume naturally or you may take a progesterone withdrawal to resume your menses.
You may take TAB MEPRATE 10mg twice a day for 5 days and then your withdrawal bleed should start within 7 days from the last day of the meprate.
NO, meprate will not help.
NO, if pregnancy test is positive then me prate will only help pregnancy to progress further but not abort it.
iN THAT CASE OF TERMINATION IS DESIRED THEN A SEParate set of medicines are available for termination of pregnancy by medical methods. Before that you would have to get a us PELVIS ALSO done to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy. If confirmed then medicines for abortion can be undertaken.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for the delay in period
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What delay window period
- What can delay periods
- What do delayed periods with spotting indicate
- What is the medication for delaying periods
- What is the normal delay in periods
- Does delayed periods indicate pregnancy
- What is the maximum delay for periods
- Delayed periods noticed spotting what does this indicate