What do delayed periods and negative pregnancy test result indicate?
Urine pregnancy test may take some time to turn positive.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Let me first tell you that unless you have unprotected sex between the 10th and 18th day of your cycle (your fertile period), you are not going to be pregnant. Going through the details, it is not really clear whether you are trying to get pregnant or whether you are trying not to get pregnant. I would be glad if you clarify. Meprate is synthetic progesterone which is likely to be supportive in case you have conceived. In case pregnancy has not occurred, it is not going to make you pregnant. In case of pregnancy, periods will not occur. In case of pregnancy, sometimes it may take some time for the urine pregnancy test to turn positive. So you should repeat the test after another week if you have still not got your periods.
Dr. Kunal Saha
Be patient. Do not panic. Medicines not needed at this stage.
You did not provide the answer to my question as to whether you are trying to get pregnant or is it otherwise. I assume that you are rather avoid getting pregnant. In your present situation, you will have to wait and if you do not get your periods in another week, you will have to get a urine pregnancy test repeated. Since you have felt blood in your vagina, I assume that you would soon get your periods anyway. You need not take any medicines right now. If required, they can be subsequently taken.
You have to be strong and patient
I understand your situation. I would insist you not to panic. The chances of your periods being delayed is less likely due to pregnancy and more likely due to the hormononal disturbance due to the pills. At this point of time nothing new is happening. Your only cause of worry is if subsequently the urine pregnancy test gives a positive result. But I can assure you that even if that turns out to be the case, there are some simple medicines which will help you to get rid of such a pregnancy without even your needing surgical interventions.
Try to relax.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed periods pregnancy test- negative what to do
- What causes delayed periods with negative pregnancy test
- Delayed periods pregnancy tests negative chances of pregnancy
- Delay in periods negative pregnancy tests what could be this
- Delayed periods cramps pregnancy test result negative rh negative
- Negative pregnancy test no period
- Protected sex delayed periods pregnancy test done negative result suggestions
- Delayed periods however pregnancy test negative what does it indicate
- Can delayed periods and negative pregnancy test indicate pregnancy
- Delayed periods undergone iui negative pregnancy test results any ideas