What do black spots on the scalp indicate?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 19 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Since sm months I saw a black spot on my scalp...near forehead where hair starts.there is no pain or itching..like a beauty spot..what is it
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. However, I would need you to upload an image of the black spots on your scalp as mentioned. You can upload them using the facility on the upper right of this page or you can email them to YYYY@YYYY with the queryId 326485 as well as my name in the subject.

Based on your inputs I would guide you further. I will await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
It's a single dot...
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
I have checked the image. It is a nevus (deposition of melanocytes). It is harmless and not a cause for concern. Nothing needs to be done about it.