What causes white vaginal discharge post a painful intercourse?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Greetings !!!
I just got married a week ago .my wife is experiencing heavy white discharges 3-4times in a day she used to have it before also but now it is very much frequent,also we both suffer with dryness problem. She is reporting Very painful intercourse even after a long foreplay . Please suggest is it because some infection and what can be the possible remedies ???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Of course a discharge like this is not normal and usually reflects an infection of either bacterial, fungal or parasitic origin. It is impossible to guess what the cause is without the benefit of examining you and performing a microscopic exam of the discharge.

In the absence of being able to do this you could try an over the counter preparation to treat a possible fungal cause. This would be clotrimazole and is used once daily at bedtime for at least 3 days. It is a topical cream actually which is inserted into the vagina.
You can use -Y jelly for lubrication before intercourse.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D