What causes white and painful tongue?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am having tongue problem, it has gone white and is paining on the lower end of the tongue.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
oral thrush.

Detailed Answer:
Usually the white tongue will be due to oral thrush or raised papilla due to vitamin deficiency, I would suggest you to take TAB. A-Z one tablet for 15 days and METROGYL DG gEL for local application 3 times a day.

If still it persist I suggest you to get examined by ENT specialist to rule out oral thrush.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 5 minutes later
I smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day is it because of that?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stop for 10 to 15 days.

Detailed Answer:
smoking 2 -3 cigarettes alone may not cause this, but you should stop smoking while on treatment for some time till this gets cured.

Any query do follow up.