What causes weird sensation in chest area and fast heart beat?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: i occasionally wake up in the middle of the night with a flushing warm sensation in my chest area... doesn't last long. I am prone to panic attacks , therefore, my heart does start racing.. because I think I am having a heart attack.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
How much xanax do you take and how often?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this these sensations in your chest area. Given the fact that you have anxiety attacks, this is more likely to be related to anxiety than heart attics. Of course, if it were heart attack, it would not get resolved without treatment. The fact that it comes on and off is suggestive of a benign condition like anxiety attacks than heart attack.

I will suggest that you tell me how much xanax and how often you take it. There might be room to adjust the treatment. Also, how often do you wake up with these symptoms?

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah