Can anxiety cause hot flashes and red blotches on the chest?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi I'm a 41 year old female and had a question in regards to facial flushing. I go through periods of time where I feel like I often feel flushed, my face gets hot and chest can get blotchy. It usually lasts about a half an hour or less. my concern is that this can be part of some sort of disorder. I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder can this be some sort of stress response. Feels worse when tired. This has been going on for many years.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely it is anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic as your health partner.

Anxiety is known to cause dilatation of peripheral blood vessels leading to feeling of hot flushes and blotching. The duration of episodes indicates possibility of anxiety as most organic disorders, including dermatological, last either longer or stay permanently till there is medical intervention.

The possibility of anxiety disorder also comes from the fact that it is staying for years without much damage.

The possible differential diagnosis for the hot flushes and blotching is connective tissues disorders so seeing a rheumatologist or immunologist could be of help to rule out other possible disorders presenting in similar manner.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.