Can anxiety cause hot flashes and red blotches on the chest?
Most likely it is anxiety
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic as your health partner.
Anxiety is known to cause dilatation of peripheral blood vessels leading to feeling of hot flushes and blotching. The duration of episodes indicates possibility of anxiety as most organic disorders, including dermatological, last either longer or stay permanently till there is medical intervention.
The possibility of anxiety disorder also comes from the fact that it is staying for years without much damage.
The possible differential diagnosis for the hot flushes and blotching is connective tissues disorders so seeing a rheumatologist or immunologist could be of help to rule out other possible disorders presenting in similar manner.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hot flash in chest then head
- Obese past menopause anxiety hot flashes sweating shivering causes
- Hot flashes due to anxiety
- Random hot flashes and red blotches
- Chest pain hot flash
- Is anxiety causing hot flashes with headaches earpains nausea
- Anxiety hot flashes constipation
- Hot flashes and chest tightness
- Anxiety hot flashes men
- Hot flash chest tightening
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?