question-icon

What does sadness accompanied by flushed skin, popping sound and dizziness indicate?

Posted on 3 days ago
Question: Yes. Something weird has been happening. I get really sad. Then I get a flushing of heat up my back, kinda of like chemicals going up through my arteries, to my head and ears which get hot. Sometimes I get a little pop at the end. Then I'm a little dizzy. Then I am fine.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
I think you need to talk to your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description I feel there is possibility of post menopausal syndrome as the flushing, sadness, hot flushes can all be caused by the same condition.

Although I must acknowledge that post menopausal syndrome often strikes within few months to years of menopause but sometime this is delayed and that is why I feel is little but definite possibility.

In my opinion talking to your doctor and going for hormonal tests (which your doctor recommends) will be helpful for you to decrease suffering.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist