What causes vaginal discharge during childhood?
Question: Hello Dr. My 7 year old daughter is having some discharge from vagina,it is odourless but slightly thick and whitish.consulted paediatrician prescribed some vitamin B +calcium syrup,but not effective. My child is very fussy about eating,urine and motions are normal.kindly opine.
Brief Answer: DISCHARGE NOT A CAUSE FOR CONCERN. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Some amount of vaginal discharge is common during childhood. You should not be concerned as long as the discharge is not foul smelling, purulent, and associated with itching and redness of the local area. Please give her the multivitamin supplements, and do not worry about the discharge. Keep the area clean, just wash with lukewarm water, and dont use soaps, cleansers or scrub vigorously. Change the undergarments frequently. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- What causes smelly vaginal discharge
- What is the cause of persistent vaginal discharges
- What causes pink vaginal discharge
- What causes clear vaginal discharge
- What causes excessive vaginal discharge during pregnancy
- What causes green vaginal discharge
- What cause vaginal discharge
- What causes vaginal discharge during childhood
- What causes itchy vaginal discharge
- What causes brown vaginal discharge
Questions Answered By Dr. Aarti Abraham