What causes sudden excessive vaginal discharge?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Over the last few weeks, i have begun to have a clear odorless vaginal discharge. It seems to be getting excessive. I am wearing a panty liner during the day and at night a full pad. I have no other symptoms so this is very perplexing....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hormonal change.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

A sudden increase in vaginal discharge that is odorless is less likely to be due to an infection. This can be related to hormonal changes during the cycle. Such discharge usually decreases on its own in 5-7 days.

In case the discharge is persistent then a vaginal swab culture analysis is needed to rule out an infection.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
That makes me feel much better. I did forget to mention that i was diagnosed with adenomyosis a few years ago... and im about to turn 45 in a few weeks... it is just very annoying to have to wear a pad all the time
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related to adenomyosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The discharge s not related to adenomyosis. No need to worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T