Can HIV or STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello doc. Am homosexual, an hour ago I gave a handjob to a stranger with unknown STD /HIV status. I didn't touch his pennis with bare hand, but I put a piece of cloth on it and gave him handjob untill he ejaculated in the cloth and we rubbed our bodies against each other, during this, I was on full cloths but he was naked. He kissed my neck several times.. Am worried about STDs and HIV with this event.. Please help me. Also I want to come out of homosexual behaviour, please give me some suggestions
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

STDs including HIV are only transmitted through direct unprotected sexual contact - either unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex - involving contact between infected genital mucous membranes and/ or infected secretions like semen or vaginal discharge. Skin to skin contact like giving a handjob, rubbing, kissing etc are absolutely safe and there is no risk of STDs, whatsoever.

Follow-up: Can HIV or STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex? 28 minutes later
Thank you very much for ur constant replies to my questions..... I was not involved in the oral or anal, and not touched his pennis directly with bare hand, but he rubbed his nude body to my body and kissed several times on my neck (I was full on cloths).

Plz tell me, I really need some help regarding my sexuality. Is being homosexual s taboo? Or is it a disorder?.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your sexual preference is not abnormal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Homosexuality is an absolutely normal tendency. It is not a disorder. However, if you feel you are in conflict with your sexuality I would suggest you to kindly talk to a psychologist/ psychiatrist.