Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Can HIV or STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex?

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7509 Questions
Hello doc. Am homosexual, an hour ago I gave a handjob to a stranger with unknown STD /HIV status. I didn't touch his pennis with bare hand, but I put a piece of cloth on it and gave him handjob untill he ejaculated in the cloth and we rubbed our bodies against each other, during this, I was on full cloths but he was naked. He kissed my neck several times.. Am worried about STDs and HIV with this event.. Please help me. Also I want to come out of homosexual behaviour, please give me some suggestions
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

STDs including HIV are only transmitted through direct unprotected sexual contact - either unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex - involving contact between infected genital mucous membranes and/ or infected secretions like semen or vaginal discharge. Skin to skin contact like giving a handjob, rubbing, kissing etc are absolutely safe and there is no risk of STDs, whatsoever.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can HIV or STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex? 28 minutes later
Thank you very much for ur constant replies to my questions..... I was not involved in the oral or anal, and not touched his pennis directly with bare hand, but he rubbed his nude body to my body and kissed several times on my neck (I was full on cloths).

Plz tell me, I really need some help regarding my sexuality. Is being homosexual s taboo? Or is it a disorder?.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your sexual preference is not abnormal.

Detailed Answer:

Homosexuality is an absolutely normal tendency. It is not a disorder. However, if you feel you are in conflict with your sexuality I would suggest you to kindly talk to a psychologist/ psychiatrist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor