What causes vaginal bleeding after taking Ginet-84?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 1 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi. I have irregular periods after I stopped taking Ginet-84 for couple of months. Then I went for doctor again and she suggested me to take Ginet-84 back and start from the yellow pills. I have been taking it for 9 days, but my period is getting lesser at first, then it comes again scanty and then its color gets light after 2 days and now its color turns red again. What does it mean?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of breakthrough bleed.

Detailed Answer:

Your current symptoms suggest the possibility of a breakthrough bleed. This often happens during the initial months of treatment and this settles down after a couple of months. If you continue to see this bleeding without any relief, you should consult your gynecologist for further support.

As you have irregular periods, you need appropriate investigation to locate the cause and get properly managed. This gives you an almost complete cure. You may need supplementation of additional hormones, if needed.

Please maintain a healthy diet and get some regular exercise. This helps to balance the hormones to some extent and get relief from menstrual disturbances most of the time.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.