What causes vaginal bleeding after intercourse?

Posted on Thu, 7 Jan 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi.. My age is 30 yrs. i m married and have one kid. My mensurational date is 2nd of every month.. I had an intercourse on 18th and immediately after the intercourse some bleeding occurred.. I was shocked pls suggest what is it.. I have got the cervical cancer vaccination done 1 yr back.
Secondly, shall i take ipill as a precaution from pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovulation (mid cycle) bleeding

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
This can be your mid cycle bleeding which is common and there is nothing to worry.
But in case this occurs again then get yourself examined by a gynecologist for any local lesion on cervix or vagina.
Yes you need to take emergency pill in case you have had an unprotected sex as I told you this was your mid cycle.
So all the best and take care of contraception in future.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
From day1 i very scared of ipills. My husband was v careful while intercourse acc to him nothing was left inside n he was b careful bcas of not using protection.. Still i have to opt for a ipill?
Secondly of yes then pls tell what happens after taking ipill and how the tablet needs to be taken in d morning or empty stomach and how many times?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take it as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
Yes you are absolutely right in avoiding ipill as it is just an emergency pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy in cases with condom rupture or slippage so should not be used as a routine method.
But since you had unprotected sex in mid cycle you need to take it as soon as possible and no need to be empty stomach as its absorption us irrespective of meal intake.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN