What causes upper right quadrant pain and diarrhea?
Please provide the following medical data....
I have gone through your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in.
Before running into final conclusions, I'd like to know:
- if diarrhea started immediately after surgery or recently?
- do you have fever?
- is there any blood in your feces?
- have your doctor evaluated the choledocus (inside the liver)? the pain might be related to sludged bile in the choledocus
- bowel spasms are also causing pain
I suggest to:
- do analysis of the feces
- fecal occult blood
- culture of the stool
- take pro-kinetic drugs including metoclopramide
If diarrhea started immediately after surgery, then cholestiramine should be started.
Hope it was of help! Let me know if you need further clarifications!
Abdominal echo&ERCP advised...
At this point, after reading you new medical data, I suggest to run abdominal ultrasound and ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) in order to evaluate the choledocus (if there is sludge or stones there).
Meanwhile, for the moment I advise to take :
- metoclopramide (for the nausea)
- PPIs (to protect your stomach from the damages caused by the bile)
You need a prescription for these drugs, that's why you can discuss this further with your doctor.
Hope it helped!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause abdominal pain cramping and diarrhea
- What causes severe pain in stomach followed by diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and severe migraine
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and flatulence smell
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes orange diarrhea with stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- What causes the sternum more painful with diarrhea and nausea
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool