question-icon

What causes tingling sensation in the ear?

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015
Question: Just recently I have had 2 seemingly unrelated symptoms: 1) tingling in my upper left earlobe which comes on and disappears quickly. It is happening more frequently a 2) a sudden feeling of blood rushing through my arms and chest making me feel like I might pass out
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query very carefully and would like to make some suggestions.

Your symptoms may be related to cardiovascular disorders and should be considered a warning sign for more serious events (including arrhythmia, syncope or stroke). This is why I strongly recommend to schedule a cardiologist appointment.

If you were my patient I would like to do the following examinations for a proper evaluation (in order to exclude any serious problems):
- Blood work
- ECG
- Cardiac echo
- Holter monitoring
- Audiogram
- Stress test

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist